Informatic Concepts is recruiting a Director of Community Engagement to lead, plan, implement, manage and evaluate the nonprofits community engagement efforts, including a strategic and comprehensive volunteer and corporate outreach program. This position requires a strategic thinker, capable manager with experience in sales, account management, marketing or resource development. The overall responsibility of the position is to develop, grow, and direct corporate and volunteer engagement by deepening relationships with existing partners and cultivating new partnerships through a range of activities relevant to their purpose, to increase both resources and capacity of the nonprofit. The Director of Community Engagement will supervise a Full-Time staff member and hold responsibility for overseeing a high-volume of volunteers.
- Develop and implement strategic volunteer plan to increase the resources and capacity of the nonprofit.
- Grow the existing volunteer program to further meet the needs of the nonprofit, including recruitment, impactful orientation and training, retention and stewardship/appreciation of all volunteers with specific emphasis on corporate or organizational groups and individuals.
- Identify corporate engagement opportunities; cultivate all volunteer groups with a focus on stewarding companies with corporate match and/or grant funding opportunities.
- Identify and staff community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations and maintain a schedule of opportunities.
- Create relationships with volunteers and corporate groups to foster greater engagement with nonprofit as financial donors, with in-kind services, and with product donations and supply drives. Work closely with Director of Development on further engagement.
- Forecast and track metrics and trends (e.g. retention, satisfaction, participation, future engagement).
- Recruit back-to-school supply drive campaign collection partners as well as volunteer groups to support the processing of donated goods throughout the campaign.
- Identify, cultivate and partner with local nonprofits, community relations and human resources offices and others to develop teambuilding initiatives such as volunteerism, and third-party fundraisers.
- Cultivate relationships with event management companies, meeting and convention planners as the recipients of clients’ conference, tradeshow and convention “give back” events and product harvests.
- Represent and promote at outside events as deemed appropriate, such as volunteer fairs, civic clubs or other community events; make presentations and host informational tables when given the opportunity.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly manage Full-Time Volunteer Coordinator.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the area of sales, marketing or fundraising in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Prior management experience is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org