Informatic Concepts is recruiting a Physician Billing Specialist who will be responsible for working on patient account issues, including resolving past due balances as well as initiating refunds for accounts. They will communicate with internal and external customers in order to make a determination on the resolution of the account. Serves as a representative of the healthcare system by interacting with external vendors and agencies.
- Initiates conversation as well as responds to inquiries on accounts, communicating with debtors verbally and in writing for the successful resolution of balances owed.
- Reviews all deliquent accounts and determines the action needed to resolve them. This may include preparing the account for small claims court, collection agency, probate court, etc.
- Provides detailed documentation for all actions taken on accounts.
- Prepares and maintain daily and monthly reports.
- Identifies accounts with credit balances and processes refunds accordingly.
- Prepares accounts for State Treasury Unclaimed Property.
- Effectively utilizes time and resources in order to meet performance goals.
- Clearly communicates any billing related issues with management.
- Maintains current knowledge of government regulatory, departmental and organizational policies.
Education & Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Three years professional billing including patient accounts and collections.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Previous experience with bankruptcy and estate billing preferred.
- Experience with current practice management system preferred.
- Computer savvy.
- Extensive working knowledge of standard billing regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend insurance remits.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org